Welcome to Scottsdale Sports Medicine Institute! We’re honored to be part of your healthcare, and committed to providing you with the best care we can. Our hope is that we form a partnership to keep you as healthy as possible, no matter what your current state of health. Dr. David Carfagno and the rest of the caring staff here at the office will share their medical expertise with you and we hope you’ll take responsibility for working toward the healthy lifestyle that is so important to your well-being. Scottsdale Sports Medicine prides ourselves on the care we provide for our patients and our mission is to help give you optimal health. Dr. Carfagno’s approach to good health focuses on a blend of traditional medical care with preventative medicine and lifestyle planning. Patients are provided with expert counseling, not only on up to date medical treatments, but also on fitness and nutrition. Many of our patients take advantage of popular services we offer in order to help reach their health and fitness goals. These include:
- Aging Athlete Program – A comprehensive Vitality Program aimed at optimizing the maturing adults metabolic and hormone profile.
- Metabolic Enhancement Program - 1 month and 3 month physician supervised weight loss and weight gain programs.
- Concussion Management - The Concussion Squad, a consortium Dr Carfagno created with 7 Concussion specialists to manage the full spectrum of the Concussion.
- Osteopathic Manipulation - Therapeutic manual medicine including manipulation, strain/counterstrain, myofascial release, and muscle energy.
- Body composition testing (body fat percentage)- using the DEXA machine, considered the industry gold standard.
- Metabolic rate testing - determining the amount of calories your body consumes daily.
- VO2Max testing - the true measure of fitness, which determines heart rate zones for achieving optimal fitness results.
- Executive Physicals -
- Concierge Medicine-
- Personal Training programs - Setting up to hands on training. Customized for each individual patient for endurance athletes to strength from recreational weekend warriors to the elite.
- Vitamin and Micronutrient testing - using serological markers to test for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- MSK Glycogen Evaluation - Evaluate the integrity of the exercising muscle. Great for a baseline and a follow up from training.
It will give us great pleasure to work with you on your goals, either through our own expertise, through reading we might give you, or by referral to other health professionals. We look forward to working with you. Please contact us whenever you would like to talk about anything you think may be affecting your health. It’s our hope that we can have a relationship where the lines of communication are open and communication goes both ways. Let’s work together to help you live the satisfying life that you deserve.
Best of health,
David G. Carfagno, D.O., CAQ
Leona Carfagno “Mom”, Office Manager