David Carfagno, D.O., C.A.Q.S.M. is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Sports Medicine (CAQ) and Ringside Medicine (ABRM). His internship, residency and fellowship were completed at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic Foundation. From the elite physiology of a Professional athlete to the severe medically ill, Dr. Carfagno manages the spectrum of your health. The unique setting of Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine, along with a Metabolic Lab redefines Primary Care. At Scottsdale Sports Medicine, it doesn’t matter if you’re a professional or a dedicated amateur--we believe every athlete deserves top of the line care. Dr. David Carfagno and his team are ready to help you take your health and fitness to the next level with a state-of-the-art facility, cutting edge treatments and trusted techniques. We offer comprehensive care for the complete athlete, sports injury treatments including impact testing and orthopedic care, and metabolic programs to help you achieve and surpass your fitness goals.
Dr. Carfagno's accolades include the following and more:
- Medical Director AZ PF Changs Rock and Roll Marathon
- Assistant National Medical Director Rock and Roll and Tri Rock Series
- Ringside Physician Arizona Stage Boxing and MMA Commission
- Team Physician USA Boxing
- Phoenix Magazine Top Doctor, Sports Medicine, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and Internal Medicine 2017
Dr Carfagno competes in ironman and triathlons as well. He made the US Team in 2011 and raced at World Championships in Beijing China.
Racing for the US Triathlon Team in Beijing
He plays Soccer as well. He loves animals and has a hiking club which he leadsdog owners and dogs all over the state on many trails. He plays soccer as well. His Father Vincent Carfagno was instrumental in forming the Sereno Soccer club in 1981.
SSMI Care Philosophy:
Dr. Carfagno provides Comprehensive Medical Care for the Athlete. From the elite physiology of an Olympic Caliber athlete to the severe hospitalized medically ill, Dr Carfagno manages the spectrum of your health. Unique setting of Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine, along with a Metabolic Lab, SSMI Redefines Primary Care.
- The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Fellowship Hospital - 1998
- The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Residency Hospital - 1997
- The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Internship Hospital - 1995
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Medical School I Graduated 1994 Arizona State University
- Undergraduate School I Graduated 1990
Service animals also participate to achieve a therapeutic effect at SSMI. Lexxi and Max are the official SSMI's registered Service Dogs and love People. Dr. Carfagno loves animals and has a hiking club which he leads dog owners and dogs all over the state on many trails.